The topping out ceremony was held on June 24th at the construction site of Galeria Andrychów – the largest Retail Park in the region and one of major retail developments currently under construction in Poland. The event was attended by local authorities, investors – Acteeum Group and Equilis Europe, as well as retailers and business partners.
The topping out ceremony of Galeria Andrychów was preceded by the signing of a symbolic foundation act by: Tomasz Żak, mayor of Andrychów, Monika Woźniak-Zawioła, Head of Retail at Equilis Europe, Tomasz Szewczyk, Managing Partner at Acteeum Group, and Joanna Makowiecka-Gatza, President of the Management Board at Karmar S.A.
– Today’s ceremony is a clear sign that the construction works are bringing us closer to the grand opening of the most attractive shopping destination for the residents of Andrychów and its surrounding area. Thanks to the determination and the efficient cooperation between partners, the unique circumstances have not delayed the investment process. Galeria Andrychów is quickly taking shape and we are looking forward to welcoming the first customers this fall.
– says Monika Woźniak-Zawioła, Head of Retail at Equilis Europe.
The new retail park will accommodate over thirty stores with a total GLA of nearly 24,000 sq m, including Lidl, Leroy Merlin, CCC, SMYK, Rossmann, Media Expert, Martes Sport, Jysk, KiK, Sinsay, House, Cropp, Deichmann, Diverse, Pepco, Dealz, Hebe and Komfort.
– We would like to thank the authorities of Andrychów for collaboration, and all involved companies for their efficient work. This investment is important to the local community as it will gain convenient access to popular brands without having to travel to other cities. Progress in construction works goes hand in hand with the dynamic pace of commercialization. Galeria Andrychów is practically fully leased a few months prior to planned opening.
– adds Tomasz Szewczyk, Managing Partner, Acteeum Central Europe.
The general contractor, Karmar S.A. began construction last October. Works are progressing in full swing at the intersection of Krakowska, Biała Droga and Przemysłowa streets in the vicinity of the planned Bielsko-Biała-Głogoczów bypass. The 10-hectare site will also provide 650 parking spaces.
– It is a privilege to contribute to the long-awaited development here in Andrychów, which is also our second project for Equilis and Acteeum, after Galeria Chełm. In this difficult period, we are creating a unique place that will provide employment and promote local economic growth. As the general contractor, we will make every effort to ensure that Galeria Andrychów is built on schedule and in-line with the highest expectations regarding the quality of workmanship, sustainability, and care for the community.
– says Joanna Makowiecka-Gatza, President of the Management Board at Karmar S.A.
Galeria Andrychów is undergoing the BREEAM sustainable certification that indicates it meets the highest environmental standards. The three buildings designed by the NC Architekci will use technical solutions to lower electricity and water consumption and reduce emissions of air pollutants. Already at the construction stage, the contractor selects certified building materials and takes care of proper sorting, storage, and disposal of waste.
Galeria Andrychów has recently been titled best “Future Project” by the prestigious EuropaProperty CEE Retail Awards.
* * *
We are Equilis and we build. We build stories. We create places where people build the stories of their lives. Love stories, business stories. Happy stories.
EQUILIS, established by Carl Mestdagh in 2006, covers all aspects and works of real estate development. It has diversified its activities and expanded its portfolio to cover the European market. Equilis has offices in Belgium, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, and Germany. The firm develops and completes demanding projects in a broad spectrum – from commercial and residential real estate to offices, brownfield recovery, senior citizen or student housing, recreational facilities, parking spaces, cultural and public spaces. Altogether EQUILIS has built 314,651 m² (retail, office,…) and 1,542 residential units. Currently a further 137,144 m² and 3,344 residential units are under development.
You will find more information about EQUILIS and its projects under www.equilis.net
Acteeum Group is a privately owned international company operating on the commercial and residential real estate market in Poland, undertaking the entire development process, starting from selecting suitable plots for development through the stage of design, construction, commercialization, management, and sale of facilities.
The Acteeum approach to projects is based on extensive experience and knowledge of the polish market and the development process. The company is a business partner of large institutional companies, including CBRE Global Investors, Immofinanz, NepiRockcastle, BPI, Equilis as well as private investors. Acteeum focuses on the development of large-scale retail facilities and residential projects.
Acteeum’s projects in recent years amount to approx. 270,000 sq m GLA of commercial properties, including over 800 stores and retail premises, as well as over 700 apartments totalling over 70,000 sq m. of residential usable area.
Acteeum manages a land portfolio and negotiates the purchase of further plots for the construction of shopping centres, retail parks, residential developments as well as mixed schemes.
Further information about Acteeum and its projects at: www.acteeum.pl.